- Sam will compete in the CARS Tour and NASCAR Whelen All-American Series for Jr. Motorsports
- Placed 2nd in World Series of Asphalt Racing Super Late Model Championship with Fury Motorsports.
- As age permits later this year, K&N and ARCA Series with MDM Motorsports.
- Secured 5th Place at Myrtle Beach 400
- Participated in multiple US Legend Series with Farbo Motorsports and Late Model Series with
Hawk McCall Motorsports
- Consistently finishing each series in top 5
- Secured US Legends Summer Shootout Championship
- Secured win at Greenville Pickens Speedway the very first time racing a Limited Late Model Car (ran limited early in the season due to age restriction)
- Secured US Legends Bullring Las Vegas Championship
- Secured US Legends Battle Big Top Championship
- Finished the prestigious US Legends Winter Heat Series, taking pole at each race, and
wrapping up the Championship
- Preparing for Super Late Model and Truck Series
- Received live interviews with local TV/radio stations
- Secured Briggs & Stratton and Menards as sponsors
Raced first full year of Legends Young Lions taking a win at The Showdown in Las Vegas and Battle at the Big Top in Fort Worth. Wrapped up go-kart career by racing in 3 National Series, SKUSA, USPKSWKA Manufacturer’s Cup and the IAME International Final, winning numerous races throughout the year.
Raced in 5 National Series, FWT, Route 66, SKUSA, USPKS and WKA Manufacturer’s Cup. Ended the karting season by staking claim to the Route 66 Championship. Introduced to a Legends Car during the Bojangle’s Summer Shootout at Charlotte Motor Speedway. In addition, took the spotlight as 1 of 10 kids chosen to star in the reality TV show ‘Kart Life’, which debuted on truTV in January 2015. As a result, received a live interview with local WITI Fox 6 and a live radio interview with Dennis Michelsen of Race Talk Radio: both can be viewed at www.sam-mayer.com.
Raced in 4 different national series.Total of 19 weekends and 65 feature races. Won 15 features and also 22 pole awards. Still one of youngest drivers in current class. Also raced in Robopong in Indiana. Finished 3rd, led 33 of 35 laps. Ended year in Vegas racing in SKUSA Supernationals. Qualified 9th out of 85 and finished feature race with a 9th place.
Raced in 3 national kart series. Won championship in United States Pro Kart Series. Also raced and finished 2nd in Route 66 Race Series and 2nd in WKA Manufacturer’s Cup Series. One of the youngest drivers in this class of racers. Raced in SKUSA Supernationals Of 89 participants; qualified 5th. Won multiple pole positions and races. Drives for Merlin Karts of Italy and Franklin Motorsports of Wisconsin.
Raced in both Route 66 and Manufacturer’s Cup Race Series. In Route 66 Sam ran in two different classes. Won championships in both classes including a perfect season in one class. In the Manufacturer’s Cup Series Sam finished 2nd in points prior to “transfer” points which moved him to 5th place.
Ran regional series called Route 66. Finished 6th in points out of 28 drivers. Won one of five races in series with a 2nd and 3rd as well. Participated in local series driving two other type of karts. Went one for one with a win in one kart and five top fives in the other kart.
Sam’s rookie season began in 2007 when he began racing in Kid Karts at Badger Raceway at age 4. During this time frame Sam practiced indoors at Chicago Indoor Racing as well as at home on the track. Upon Sam’s 7th birthday, he moved up to Yamaha YBX (age 7 – 12) and won the second and third time out.
Sam enjoys practicing and racing karts at home on the ½ mile backyard paved road course. He also enjoys watching races on TV and racing video games, which includes iRacing. Other passions include watching football, playing with friends, and spending time with the family and their four dogs.